Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Freedom Writers - Intoducing my Essay

I have never been told that I am deft before and still gotten a grade I didn’t like. I worked hard on this timed write. It was my first ever timed write. My family endured my stress around preparing for and completing this timed write. In my thesis I was supposed to also include a part about how this movie challenged my perceptions. After much thinking, I think the only part of this movie that really would have challenged my perceptions was when the students visited the Holocaust Museum. Expect when I was in High School Schindler’s list came out and that really impacted me then, and I still feel that deep sadness that needs to be remembered so those events are not repeated. This movie was about a lot more than just the Holocaust, but it is an integral part of what binds the students together. It gives them a chance to connect to each other. I really like the movie and enjoyed the chance to really watch this movie in depth.

No comments: